Leadership is defined as 'the action of leading a group of people or an organization'. To me, leadership is more then just leading but aswell inspiring and empowering.

My name is Kayla St.Croix, currently enrolled Level II student at Mobile Central High. As a Horizon Student, this blog will not only be about leadership and volunteerism in my life, but everything else I do that contribute to my life.

As Kevin Garnett said, "Anything is possible."

Sunday, December 18, 2011

http://www.ted.com/talks/natalie_warne_being_young_and_making_an_impact.html

This link features Natalie Warne, a 20 year old girl who talks of her work with the Invisible Children movement, and how it made her a younge activist. At only 17 years old, she was a voice which made a difference.
I found this so inspiring because she was an average teen age girl, struggling with high school and challenges at home. She didn't let those struggles get in her way though. She fought past, worked hard and with alot of fails and bumps along the way, she was successful in her goal-passing a bill.
Many people tell us youth that one voice makes a difference, but others say we're too young to do anything. Natalie Warane shows, and proves, that you are never too young to make a difference, which truely inspired me.

2 comments:

  1. I loved this video Kayla! I think it's probably one of the best I've seen on TED. She's so inspiring! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is my favorite video, I had actually planned on using it until i saw that you did :P but It's such a motivating video, I hope I can accomplish something like that before I'm 20 :D

    ReplyDelete